Monday, August 15, 2011

My Pink Stamper Pinkalicious Blog Hop Challenge

I have a ton of updates to give and some more projects to post!  I'm very limited on time but wanted to share the project I completed for MPS's Pinkalicious Blog Hop that happened this past Friday.  Side note:  according to the MPS page this blog hop occurs every 2nd Friday of the month!!!

  The challenge was to show your style making your favourite thing e.g. colour combo, technique, or Cricut cartridge.  Soo...I thought, what would I make if I could make one of my favourite things??  Well, I love to give back to the community and every Mother's Day I run the Susan G Komen Race for a Cure.  I think in the past couple of years (5+) I've only missed one race!  This being said, I wanted to use the Cricut cartridge, Pink Journey, that was included in my Cricut bundle to make a fabulous project for the challenge.  The project I posted here served double duty as I made this card for a friend who is currently battling breast cancer.  I was excited to do 2 of my favourite things with this challenge...one to support a friend in need and secondly show my "style" through my paper crafts....I hope you enjoy! and thanks to MPS for the opportunity to participate in such a fun blog hop!

I used plain Recollections Brown Card Stock for the card (measurements 5.5X4.5)
I used the Cricut cartridge Pink Journey for both the ribbon and the phrase (cut at 3.5)
I used Me and My Big Ideas Pastel 5X7 Paper Pad
Sizzix embossing folder (sorry misplaced the packet so not sure of the name)

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is really pretty! I like the purple & brown color combo & your ribbon looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beuatiful card. I loce it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card for such a great cause...I hope you join us October 1st for Link Up for Pink....I'm your newest follower. :)
    www.JustYolie.com

    ReplyDelete