Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Updates Updates Updates!

Hi All,

September will be gone before we know it, I can't believe how fast the time is passing by.  Last month was crazy because I was in the midst of finishing all the final touches and details for my sister's bridal shower and then in the beginning of this month I changed positions at my company.  I'm officially moving out of science and into business.  I have been in this position for about 2 weeks and things move sooo much faster outside of the lab!  I really like it however, I'm still struggling to learn all the nuances of this new role but am having fun learning something new every day!  AND BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:  I got engaged!  I'm so excited!!! My boyfriend and I have been together for almost six years and it is awesome that I get to have fun with my sister at her wedding next month and then continue the wedding high/honeymoon phase by having her help me plan and share in my wedding.  Well with all of that I'm still very excited about all the projects I need to do for my sister's wedding and for the upcoming spooky Halloween holiday!

I recently found some articles about decorating craft pumpkins with bling! Now I have to admit I cheated and bought the bling pre casted (if you will) in these cool swirls and the others I used fish net stockings (Target special!! $5) for the others.  There really is no right or wrong way to decorate them I just did what felt right.  I feel the stocking pumpkins are missing something so I'm thinking of adding some die cut leaves with glitter, just to add that extra pop.  You can check out the pics below and weigh in on what you think would complete these guys.  I just couldn't help decorating this weekend, my hutch is transformed into a spooky nook, unfortunately I still haven't had time to add the fake spider webbing!!!





Also, this weekend marks the 4th annual Fall Festivous for the Rest of Us weekend my girlfriends and I have started because of our love of corn mazes and pumpkin carving!  I made little post it note pads for the other lovely ladies I will be mazing, carving, and roasting seeds with this weekend.  I really hope they like them.  I used the Googly Ghouls stamp set from Stampin' Up!'s seasonal catalog and Basic Grey, Very Vanilla, and Elegant Eggplant paper as the base and punches.  The patterned paper is from DCWV Halloween and fall stack and the ribbon is from American Crafts multi pack I scored at JoAnn's with a 1/2 off discount.  I tried to choose some fun inks like Gumball Green and Pumpkin Pie that coordinated with the patterned paper.  In the end I'm really happy with the end product.  Let me know what you all think!



One last thing before I go, if you haven't checked out the Create a Critter 2 cartridge that Provo Craft released last week go to their website now and do so!  It is chock full of really cute and fun cuts for all occasions.  I usually don't splurge but I had a $10 coupon from my AC rewards card and purchased it this past weekend.  I can't wait to use it!!!  So I'm off to follow up on some of the ppls blogs I follow and see what they are up to and then hopefully off to cut some cute critters!!

ps made this little layout with the free sneak peek of the cartridge last week!



Until later...Happy Crafting!
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment