Saturday, April 7, 2012

MPS Birthday Blog Hop....Only 1 Day late!

Hi All,

So I couldn't tune into the live MPS blog hop last night b/c I was out celebrating my sister's fiance's birthday!  A bunch of us went for sushi and then a slightly competitive game of bowling.  It was girls against guys...unfortunately, we lost both games but we all had good fun! 

My Pink Stamper blog hop theme was all things birthday in honor of Robyns' (my pink stamper) daughter's birthday (Happy 14th Birthday to her!).  Coincidentally, I had to quickly make a card yesterday afternoon for the party I was attending so this project was serving double duty.  Dan, my sister's fiance, is really into grilling so I thought it would be fun to use the Father's Day seasonal Cricut cartridge and make him a card using the grill image.  I had to cut the base 2 different times to get the effect of the shiny and matte silver/gray but I think it was worth it in the end.  I do not have any of Robyn's stamps yet but am planning on getting some soon, so the stamp you see on the card is from Stampin'Up!  I tried to be all punny inside the card but not sure it went over as well as I thought it would....here is what it said on the inside:  Dan, since today is your birthday we hope that things are "done" your way.  Using "done" as in "how do you like your steak done", but not everyone got it, oh well back to the punny drawing board...hahaha! 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this card, I had fun making it and giving it out to my future brother in law (only 189ish days left to my sister's wedding...yay!!!).  Glad I could hop along with Robyn and her team, even if it was 1 day late...if you haven't done so yet, check out Robyn's blog, My Pink Stamper at mypinkstamper.com, and hop through all her Super Talented Designers!

Hope everyone has a joyous Easter weekend! Happy Crafting!!
Nicole


Supplies:
Solid Paper:  SUP! gray, black, and red; card dimensions 5.5"X4.5"
Patterned Paper:  Me and My Big Ideas, specialty cardstock black and white
Cartridge:  Cricut Fathers Day seasonal, grill cut at 3.5"
Stamp:  Stampin'UP!  Party this Way collection

3 comments:

  1. Great card---the grill is a great guy image and so are your papers, I'm sure he really liked it! Thanks for joining Robyn's My Pink Stamper Birthday Blog Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card - perfect for the "Griller" in the family! Nice work!!

    Nancy

    fancynancystamps@gmail.com
    fancynancysnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card!! Thanks for joining in the Birthday Hop :)

    ReplyDelete