Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Pink Stampers NSD Designer's Choice Blog Hop

Helloooo and Happy (post) National Scrapbook Day!!!

As usual I'm a day behind but this time it isn't due to obligations, just due to poor sewing skills!  I came across Rockin' Renee's blog:  I Came, I Saw, I Created during the MPS blog hop yesterday in celebration of NSD and found a fun challenge!  You were allowed to create anything you wanted it just had to contain a flower made of fabric and or ribbon.  A while back I bought a magazine that demonstrated how to create flowers by cutting a piece of fabric 1-1/2" wide then pinning in 1/2 and cutting slits every 1/4"  or so, you then had to sew along the pin line pulling the fabric together with the needle/thread until it formed a U, then you were to fold the edges and sew it together.  Viola! Instant flower....hmmm for those of you who do not know me well, I (unfortunately) failed the sewing portion of Home Economics in High School, a shame to my family, as I come from a long line of women who toiled in the sewing mills for decades. 

So yesterday I was in the midst of creating a memory board with some SUp! fabric I received during their SaleABration event and thought why not add a fabric flower!  Not only would it add a little something to my memory board but I could enter it in the blog challenge at I Came, I Saw, I Created (in case you lost my trail of ADD thought...).  Well the first attempt failed and then after a laborious 2nd attempt I semi-mastered the art, however I'll let you the reader decide??  Should it stay or go?  I have it secured to the board using hat pins that doubled as center attraction.  Please let me know what you think, I'm not scared of criticism....or suggestions (please, please).  I'm learning as I go and if you could help me along my journey I would be forever grateful.

Now I'm off to the other 2 blog challenges I came across during My Pink Stampers NSD Designers Choice Blog Hop....one is embossing (yay!!) and the other is something highlighting physical movement!  The second one excites me as I've been meaning for 2, yes 2, years now to scrap a Mud Run my boyfriend and I participated in during that summer.  I can't wait to see what I use to fully document the fun!  All the blogs along the MPS blog hop are offering fun giveaways in honor of NSD, if you haven't checked out My Pink Stampers blog or her talented designer teams blogs,  do so today!

Until then...Happy Crafting!
Nicole

the board...if you are interested in step by step directions, eamil me nicolepudvah@yahoo.com
close up of the flower (maybe I should have used a different fabric????)


2 comments:

  1. Oh no, I love that the flower blends. It makes it look very soft. I want to try making the flower, but it sounds difficult. I would pass you in sewing! ;)
    Thanks for participating in the challenge,
    Renee @ icameisawicreated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure it was difficult, I think it was just difficult for me as I'm not a natural sewer! I got the directions from Womens Day magazine May 2011! I will try to scan in the picture of the directions for you. They used felt and created a pin for a sweater, I just tweaked it for my board. Look forward to hearing how it works out for you!

      Delete