Thursday, September 1, 2011

Blogging is difficult :-S

So...I've been trying to figure out this whole blog thingy.  I can't seem to figure out how to list the blogs that I follow on my page so that they are available to anyone who might stop by my blog...hmmm.  I think you can grab these little tags called blinkies but I figured it would be much easier and streamlined to just list the URLs of the blogs I visit regularly but what do I know anyway???  Computers in general are a foreign language to me, guess I will get it eventually.  I did notice I have 2 followers...this is super exciting news to me, I'm so thankful!  When I first started this I thought it would just be a place for me to display my crafts so my family and friends could check them out but now I have comments and followers, I'm truly flattered by you all. 

Okay enough of my blazie blah about blogging.  On to the real reason I'm posing today, Halloween Cards!!!  Yes, the fall bug has bitten me!  This is hands down my most favorite time of year :-) and I was super excited to try some of the cartridges I've been hoarding (ha, not really).  So I decided to break out a couple and give some fun Halloween Cards a go..I used Martha Stewart's Seasonal Cake cartridge and Simply Charmed for the cards I'm posting below.  I have detailed recipes listed below the cards if you are interested.  I thought both cards turned out really cute!  I was excited to have a chance to "ink edges" on the ghost card.  I'm new to card making and scrapping so every time I try a new technique I'm nervous about how the end product will turn out but I'm happy with these guys!!!  I still keep it simple, exploring embellishments and layering a little bit more each time I design something...hopefully you enjoy the cards and find the recipes helpful if you decide give them a go!  Have fun, stay safe, and happy scrapping!!!





Simply Charmed Halloween card:  
Paper Company Trick or Treat Pack Purple cardstock 8.5X11" cut in 1/2 then folded in 1/2 for 5.5X4.5"
Embossed with Provo Craft Halloween folder--borrowed from a friend
Filled in Boo/Scary/Bat/Spider using ZIG writer metallic collection in Silver and Pure Black
Cut Ghost Base character at 2.5" in Black and Layer 1 Ghost in white
Inked edges with Color Box Petal Point fluid chalk in ice blue and cheeks in rose coral
Pop Dots raised Ghost off card
Inside:  cut headstone base in black at 2" then layer 2 shift headstone in white at 2"
inked edges of stone with same chalk as ghost in creamy brown and cheeks in peach
cut phrase(word key) at 1" base character
cut grass border from Plantin Schoolbook at 1"

Seasonal Cake Halloween Card:
Used 2nd half of Paper company purple paper above
Recollections All Season paper pack patterned paper cut at 4X4" and rounded corners with chomper
Cut witch base image at 2.75"
Cut Fence Border (not shown on inside of card along bottom) cut at 1X6" using the cake creative feature button
Cut phrase BatBdv at 1" (this is the Happy Haunting code in the booklet)
Pop Dots for witch, inked around patterned paper using purple haze from Colorbox Pastel fluid chalk

No comments:

Post a Comment